SATR - short for Small Arms Transmitter and Receiver, is the heart of the Battlefield Sports experience.
All equipment - the guns, master controller, optional software, wearable tech - form a peer-to-peer network and talk to each-other. This allows for hit feedback, communication of your personal score, a hit ratio per player and lots more information to be sent back and forth. There is no central component, though a computer runnign SATRWare or a master controller will probably be the central place from which the game is run.
You can configure the equipment in lots of different ways - the pattented digital technology lets you choose from more than 300 emulations. Or you can simply lock the user out of the user interface - turn the weapons on and play.
- real-time hit feedback
- real-time individual performance statistics
- back-lit display
- customiseable difficulty settings (easy, standard, hard & legendary)
- automatic respawn count
- support for outdoor and indoor use with reduced infrared power
- optional removal of infrared power
- friendly fire can be switched on or off
- All equipment running version 3.x will be able to talk to each-other
- likewise, all equipment running versions 1.x or 2.x is inter-operational as wel
SATR will support live gaming, with the look and feel of of video games, combined with physical activity & social interaction in the following ways: